As a global Company, we believe we have a responsibility to help when natural disasters occur. We do this through company gifts made through the Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Foundation as well as employee matching campaigns.
In 2010 and 2011, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Foundation gifts combined with employee contributions and matching funds raised:
- $190,020 for tornado relief in the south/midwestern United States
- $1,363,303 for Japanese earthquake relief
- $5,026,000 for Chilean earthquake relief
- $808,428 for Haitian earthquake relief (The company also donated safety equipment)
- The company also provided support for emergency personnel training for the Papuan landslide relief effort